Group Training Sessions:
Unleashed sessions under the upcoming Level 2 will be run a little differently to previously (under Level 2). I have decided to run a hybrid system, combining both in-person and remote Zoom session options to cater for all. I know some of you will be keen to get back in and train in-person, however others may choose to continue to train remotely/from home and I want everyone to continue to be fit and fantastic!
To achieve this hybrid system, I will be running sessions out of the Terry Jarvis Centre (TJC) via Zoom.
If you wish to attend via Zoom, you just need to follow the invite link from the comfort of your own surroundings, just like during level 3 and 4.
If you wish to attend in-person, you will arrive at the TJC prior to 6.00am, setting yourself up at one of the designated cones (spaced at minimum 2 metres apart) ready to start promptly at 6.05am. You can then participate in-person, whilst I run the session, also focusing on delivery to online Zoom participants.
If you are planning to come to the TJC in-person, there are some rules that you must follow:
- Firstly, I strongly advise that you have had at least the first dose of your Covid-19 vaccination
- Bring a towel and a filled water bottle with you
- Wear a mask as you enter the facility and until such time as we begin the session. Once we begin the session, you can remove your mask to exercise.
- Before you enter, please scan the QR code by the entrance. There will also be a manual sheet available if you don’t bring your phone, however scanning-in is preferable.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to use upon entry and exit from the facility
- Please keep at least a 2 metre distance from others inside the facility at all times.
- Ensure you put your mask on before leaving the facility.
- No getting a touch!
One-on-One Training Sessions:
During the upcoming Level 2, I will be running both in-person training sessions at my usual place of work – the Olympic Gym in Newmarket, but will also continue with remote one-on-one sessions via Zoom – the option is yours!
If you choose to come into the gym, there are a few additional conditions in place, compared to previously at Level 2. I have summarised the main points below, however if you would like to view the detailed framework issued by Exercise New Zealand, please follow this link https://exercisenz.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Framework-ExNZ_Sept5.2a.pdf
- Firstly, I strongly advise that you have had at least the first dose of your Covid-19 vaccination.
- You must wear a mask to enter the Olympic Pools and Fitness Centre.
- Upon entry you must scan the QR code and swipe your membership card.
- You must leave your mask on as you traverse through the facility i.e. moving through changing rooms, walking across the bridge, walking around poolside, etc.
- Please use the hand sanitiser upon entry and as you exit the gym.
- Please follow the arrows and abide by any instructions from gym staff.
- You can remove your mask once you begin your exercise session.
- As all water fountains will be out-of-use, you must bring your own bottle with you – already filled.
- You must bring with you and use a towel during your exercise session.
- Please keep at least 2 metres distance from others within the gym.
- As your trainer, I am required to wear a mask at all times during our session. This allows me to be closer than 2 metres to you when we are training.
I understand that this situation will be tough, but please be patient and stick to the rules.
I look forward to catching up with you during Level 2 – via Zoom or in person… to help you to continue to be fit and fantastic in preparation for summer!